Monday, October 6, 2008

Back in the Days When I was a Teenager


Well, it's been nearly two decades since I started my first group on *Prodigy, Club A & E. It was 1990, I was 14, and my comic geek friends and I on Prodigy loved talking about comics. Except, we just couldn't stand that all the Marvel Zombies all got together on one board and all the DC Fans got together on different boards and never the tween shall meet. We didn't like room hopping back and forth all over the place, and on dial-up, it was expensive and time-consuming to keep running back and forth through all those bulletin boards. So, we made our own, and said it would be about Anything and Everything. We welcomed everyone, all comics, all fans, all genres. Of course, my nickname was Archangel, because, well, X-Men was the best. That didn't mean my stacks and stacks of Batman lost any allure.

Anyway, I'm having trouble finding my online voice, so what better place to find it than my original online voice from the dawn of my net days. Apparently a GOOD blog these days is very specific, small-scale, and appeals to a narrow audience. This blog may or may not be any of those things, but at least it'll be a little record of my inane comments for a brief period of time. Enjoy. Oh, and if anyone ever reads this blog, I'm going to be very surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment